Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 7 May 2019

Sewing Update

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing a little project which I managed to start over the weekend. I mentioned this idea here, a week or so ago. The project is a Summer Top based on my PJ pattern, Butterick 5792. I have some very pretty fabric in a bright blue colour with lots of splashes of colour. However, I only have 1metre of this fabric. 

              

The 1 metre of fabric caused a few issues for me ! You can see the image on my photo story (bottom left) showing the back pattern piece of my top. The piece is a good 16cms short ! I placed the pattern pieces every way possible and realised they - would not fit.  However, I decided to piece  the back of the top and add an additional section, which I could add as a feature. I love the way it looks. I now have an added section to the back piece of the top which gives the back some structure
I’ve sewn most of the pieces together and created the pleats on the front. Instead of having the pleats on the inside, I’ve made them on the outside and top stitched them to mirror the top stitched seam on the back.
I had wanted to add a frill, as per the PJ pattern, on both the armholes and the neck. Sadly, I completely ran out of fabric so I’m adding a frill feature to the neckline and have used bias binding (same fabric) to finish the armholes. I managed to construct bias binding from the very small pieces of fabric left. There are more seams in the bias binding than I would have liked but all is well.
I’m hoping, I can spend some time today on my sewing project. If so, I think I could possibly finish the top - ready for when the weather turns warm enough to wear it !

Thanks for calling in today,


No comments:

Post a Comment