Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 8 May 2019

Shetland Beanie

Hi Everyone 
I’ve managed to complete the knitting for this years Shetland Beanie. I mentioned this project here, a few weeks, look back for the details on my story. Im using 7 shades of Jamieson &Smith, Shetland Wool for my Beanie and the original pattern is designed by Oliver Henry.As mentioned in my previous post, I changed some of the pattern, leaving out the sheep and the boats section. I replaced the sheep and boat patterns with a series of simple colourwork rows. There was no particular plan but I like the results which look a little like contemporary tree’s and flowers (when squinting!).

                

I do love the colours in the Beanie. The overall results are very different from the original pattern but I do love my version. I haven’t blocked the Beanie yet, I’ll get to that job tomorrow. I need to sew in the very many ends resulting from the colourwork process. 
I’m keen to use this colour range for a colourwork cardigan. I have a few Kate Davies patterns which, I think ? would work. I also have lots of yarn left so that’s a bonus.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment