Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 24 May 2019

Another Summer Top

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing another Summer Top idea today. Again, I’m following the usual Butterick 5792 pattern, I’m certainly getting my money’s worth out of this pattern ! I’m going for another simple shape, without the frills. You can read/see about the first Summer top here, with the frills.
I’ve been looking into my stash for this Make. I have lots of fabrics which will be perfect for the Summer Top but this one seeemd to shout out to me. I love the colour and the simple pebble shapes in the fabric. It’s a soft and reasonably drapey cotton, perfect for a simple Summer Top.

              

I’m hoping, I can get the top cut out later today. The whole Make should be quite quick, although, I don’t like to think about quick sewing. My preference is to make all the construction elements beautiful (the inside needs to be as pretty as the outside) and enjoy the whole Making experience. However, the weather is good for wearing these Summer Tops at the moment, so it would be lovely to have a few new tops to wear over the weekend. I’ve got several fabrics waiting for the this pattern, see another of my fabrics shared earlier this week here.
I’ll share my progress with these projects next week. It’s a Bank Holiday on Monday so I’ll be back on Tuesday.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment