Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 1 May 2019

Sock Swatching

Hi Everyone 
Having spent lots of time recently, undoing lots of knitted garments/socks, I was trying to put processes in place to avoid problems with a new project. However, I’ve spent quite a long time trying to get the correct gauge for a new pair of socks. The yarn I’m using is Tuku Wool, it’s a beautiful Ginger colour, 80%Finnish Wool and 20% Nylon. The yarn is much more chunky than my usual 4ply sock yarn, hence the gauge problem. I’ve tried various size needles and several start up number of stitches with mixed results. I’m using my own pattern based on Miss Mitchell’s Garden Socks. This time it’s a mans size pair of socks, so Mr Mitchell’s Socks seemed to be a good name.
I think, I’m OK with the gauge I’ve got at the moment. I’m using a 2.75mm circular needle. I’ve started with 64 stitches. I will keep going with a simple tube and add an afterthought heel at the appropriate point. So, all should be well.

           

These socks are one of 3 pairs of socks on my needles at the moment. I’m trying to give each pair of socks some time each evening. 
Let’s see how it goes ! It will take longer to complete the batch but I like the idea. I’ll keep you informed of progress.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment