Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 11 February 2020

Boxy T Shirt Two

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing my second Boxy T Shirt today. Check out yesterday’s blog for details of the first. I’m using a pattern from Makers Atelier as a basic template for this project, although the final T Shirt is a very different garment. I had thought I was finished ! However, I’ve been test wearing the T shirt around the house ( only for an hour or so) and have quickly decided the sleeves need a bit of work. Here’s a quick look at the current T Shirt :

            

The sleeves look OK (for me) in the photos but as I move around and get on with life, they are too long and not quite tight enough to stay in my desired position. I was finding myself fiddling around with the bottom of the sleeves, most of the time. I had thought, I could take in the sleeves, slightly, to use the width of my arm to keep the stretchy fabric, in place. This is a minor issue but will make quite a difference to the T Shirt.
I like the boat style neck and the boxy shape of the T Shirt. I also like the length of the T Shirt, I usually go for a cropped length because I feel it suits my body shape but this time the boxy shape gives a nice profile to the garment. I love the colour of the fabric and the tiny stripe detail of the pattern.. The only issue seems to be the lower part of the sleeves. So, I’ll cut off the current sleeve hem, take in the sleeve seam and re hem. I will try unpicking the hem first, I have a feeling the stitching will have damaged the fabric of the current hem. Hopefully, my new T shirt will be perfect in a day or so.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment