Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 25 February 2020

Sewing Idea

Hi Everyone 
I have a new sewing project to share today. This time, I’m repurposing a couple of garments from my wardrobe. The items are a couple of simple, sleeveless dresses which have been waiting for something to happen to them. The dresses have always been a bit too big for me, I’ve been meaning to alter them. Each time I start the job, I think, I don’t really like the style. As a result, they have been sitting and waiting for something else to happen ! 

              
The fabric is lovely, a traditional navy and white striped jersey, very soft and beautifully drapey. After, lots of thought, I’ve decided to make the dresses into a Frankie Shirt from Tilly And The Buttons. The pattern is part of her Stretch book. I haven’t made this pattern before but I think it’s quite a simple Make. 
My plan is to use both striped fabrics for different parts of the shirt. I’m not exactly sure about how I will cut the pieces yet ?, I’ll wait and see how the pattern looks when placed on the fabric. There will be fabric leftover and I may find, I have enough for a second (short sleeved) top. I’m hoping, I can use my overlocker for most of the sewing and the project will work well.
I’ll take some photos as I work on the project and share over the next few weeks.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment