Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 24 February 2020

Earring Tales

Hi Everyone 
Today, I’m sharing another couple of earring samples from my recent experiments today. This little project has a way to go but I’m happy with the samples produced, so far. I’ve focused on small ‘everyday’ earrings in terms of size and am trying out different coloured enamel paints for the finish.

                   

The navy earrings (bottom right) are approximately 17mm long and the white earrings (bottom left) are x- shaped, almost stud earrings (around 4mm across). I’m wearing the samples to check the durability of the paint job and so far all is well. The paint has an even coverage, I dipped the components rather than painting them and the surface seems to have dried ‘very hard’. I want to see how the earrings will stand up to wear and tear for a while.
I’m especially keen to make some more shapes and try some different colours. I have a mustard yellow colour, in mind as well as a red and green. I’ll be checking out paint options later today. 

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment