Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 13 February 2020

Silver Sample (13/2/20)

Hi Everyone 
This weeks Silver Sample is still in the design stage. I’ve done a preliminary sketch and made up some copper prototype samples. I produced the copper components simply to assess the size and I’m happy with each component. The idea with this design is to produce something which is alike rather than the same. I’ve decided on an overall size of earring and made up slightly different earrings, using different sized flattened rings. The prototype copper rings, have not been flattened or soldered yet.

             

My final plan is to attach two Sterling Silver smaller (pebble shaped) rings together, to form one component. This will be equal (in size) to one larger ring. I’ll attach long Sterling Silver square hooks to the top of each component. I’ll also make a second pair of earrings with small, short ear posts. Both sets of earrings will be relatively small, I’m not especially comfortable with large earrings. I feel there are lots of large earrings (on the market) in the style of my samples so my aim is to produce something on a smaller scale. I’m hoping one set will be for me !  The pebble/ring components measure around 2cm, so quite small.
I’m also going to use the copper components in a third pair of earrings. I’ll give the earrings Sterling Silver (short) posts and add enamel to the copper, I’m not sure of the colour, at this point ? I’ll share the final items, next time.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment