Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 20 February 2020

Jewel Sample (20/2/20)

Hi Everyone 
I have a completed set of the prototype earrings from last time. This is the copper/enamel version which has been dipped in enamel paint.

                  

I’ve given the earrings a small Sterling Silver post with a Butterfly Back (not shown in my photo story) rather than the longer post. I’ll be making a second version with the longer posts. 
I’ve used a white, gloss enamel paint for this job and I’m reasonably pleased with how things have turned out. Drying the paint takes 24 hours and I wasn’t sure about how I could support the earrings while drying. However, I thought about my Third Hand Tool and it was perfect for the job. The finish of the enamel is pretty and I love the white colour. Not everyone will go for a mismatched set of earrings but it’s just the sort of thing for me ! I have some similar navy enamel paint so will choose a navy colour for my next experiment. Next time, I’ll make ‘o and x’ shapes with short posts, quite small components, I think ?
I do have some Sterling Silver components ready for this (mismatch) design and will think about using enamel paint on the design,  not a total immersion, probably a partial dip.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment