Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 27 February 2020

Silver Sample (27/2/20)

Hi Everyone 
This weeks a Silver Sample is a ring. I’m calling my ring the Seed Pod Ring. 

                 

I’ve created the Seed Pod Ring using four strands of 1mm Sterling Silver. I’ve soldered the lengths of Silver in the centre and shaped them around a ring mandrel to form the beginning of a ring shape. Initially, I’d thought about winding one of the Silver wires around the others to form a ‘bunch’ of Silver strands. There are 8 strands in total. However, the loose strands were not long enough to wind around the others, so a plan B was necessary. I decided to create a closed jump ring to slip over the strands and this worked well. With the strands in the centre, each strand was ‘balled’ with the application of heat to each strand and spread to a pleasing position in the bunch. I worked to further shape and size the ring and finally tumbled to give a high shine.
Here’s a quick look at some of the stages of development:

                    


I’m already thinking about additional elements for this Collection, perhaps earrings and a necklace. I’ll hopefully have something to share next week.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment