Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 18 February 2020

Sewing Project (part 2)

Hi Everyone 
I introduced the Fielder Dress project yesterday, read back for more details on the pattern and fabric. Yesterday, my job was to sew up the side and underarm seams (including a side seam pocket). I did manage this job. However, the very simple task took forever ! I think, it’s to do with trying to overlock several layers of fabric which includes previously overlocked seams (very bulky in places). The trimmed fabric (from the overlock process) wanted to get between the blade on the overlocker. I did consider a plan B, ie overlocking the sides (to give a neat finish) and then sewing up the seams in the conventional way. In the end, I did manage to complete the job on the overlock machine. I’m still wondering about adding a single line of stitching along the overlocked seam. For some reason, I’m convinced the overlocked seam isn’t as secure as I’d like ? I’ll take another look today and check it out. Other than, the machine issue, all is well. My next job will be adding the cuff. I had thought, I could have finished this yesterday - not to be !

                     

Hopefully, I’ll get the cuffs onto my dress today. This should be quite a quick job, famous last words ! The neckline uses the same elastic and the technique worked very smoothly, so I’m reasonably confident the cuffs will be similar. After the cuffs, it’s just the hem. 
I’ll share how the cuffs go, tomorrow.

Thanks for calling in today.



No comments:

Post a Comment