Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 28 February 2020

Sewing Idea Update

Hi Everyone 
 Today, I’m sharing my completed Baseball T shirt by Tilly And The Buttons. You can read a couple of posts earlier this week for more on the background to this story. Generally, the project worked really well. The whole project is a very simple sew. I used my overlocker for most of the sewing. There are only 5 pattern pieces involved. Each sleeve is sewn to the front and back pieces. The neckband is then added and the hems completed. That’s it !
The point of this project was to repurpose a couple of old and discarded items of clothing. The original garments were made from lovely striped jersey fabrics and I knew I could do something with them both. I envisaged, a T shirt, which could be a useful part of my wardrobe. I have lots of ideas for layering my new T Shirt, it’s a very useful ‘blue’. Most of my wardrobe tends to be either blue of will work with blue !

            

The cut of this design is very nice - the T Shirt has a flattering neckline and a well balanced body shape. I will definitely be making more of this design.
I have a number of jersey fabrics in my stash and am already working out some interesting combinations. 

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend, I’ll be back on Monday with more Making stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment