Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 4 February 2020

New Knitting Project

Hi Everyone 
I have a new plan for my next sweater knitting. I have various sock projects going on but my next sweater will be my main knitting focus for the next few weeks. I’m knitting a second version of St Catherine by Kate Davies. This is a great knit, lots of small sections, a very clever construction process and simple garter stitch throughout. My first St Catherine is very well worn, so I’m looking forward to a second. This time, I’m going for a slightly different approach.

               

 I used a Sport Weight yarn for the blue version in my photo story. I’m planning on using a 4ply merino held together with a Kid Silk next time. I’m also going for a green colour - I don’t have a green sweater but am very much looking forward to producing one ! I need to work a swatch. I’m not sure exactly, what fabric I will get ? I’m hoping I can make things work out. If my choice doesn’t work, I’ll dye some yarn to get the appropriate weight. I’m very keen to use Kid Silk and love the combination fabric this yarn produces when held together with other yarn. I have various shawls which use this technique, so I’m familiar with the process.
I’ll share the results of swatching in a few days, as I get my project underway.

Many thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment