Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 14 February 2020

Knit Update

Hi Everyone 
Today, I’m sharing progress with my latest sweater knit, the St Catherine by Kate Davies. As my photo story shows, this is my second St Catherine.

              
This time, I’m using a different yarn. My first version used a sports weight yarn and the whole project was a ‘breeze’. I’ve had a bit of a trial this time ! I’m using a 4ply merino half together with a Kid Silk. You can check out my initial post introducing the project here, where the yarn is highlighted.
So, I think, the problem lies with the size of the needles and the combination of yarns. It’s not a big deal but I’ve pulled out the project three times. I wanted a soft and slightly drapey fabric for the cardigan and as such have chosen to use 5.5mm needles. I think, I’ve managed to get the dimensions right in my latest version. 
There has been frustration about progress. I feel, I’ve wasted quite a bit of time re knitting the first section of the cardigan. There are quite a number of stitches in this section and it’s been necessary to spend a few days worth of knitting time on each version ! However, moving on, I think all is well. I’m about 3/4 of the way through the first section. St Catherine is a very clever construction and I love the way the separate parts build up a beautifully, fluid shape. The next bit will be the back and I’m hoping I’ll be there in a few days.
I love the colour and texture of the new cardigan, I’m already thinking about sewing projects which I can start to compliment my new cardigan. I don’t have many green items of clothing in my wardrobe so lots of new opportunities.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend and I’ll be back next week with more Making stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment