Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 26 February 2020

Sewing Idea (2)

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing a tiny bit of progress with my latest sewing project, read back yesterday for the background story and images of the Make. I’m making the Frankie Baseball T Shirt by Tilly Walnes of Tilly And The Buttons fame.
My project involves repurposing a couple of old pieces of clothing into the T Shirt. I have used a skirt and a dress, both are full length and summer-type garments. Both are drapey, jersey fabrics in similar Navy and White stripes.

               

I’ve traced the T shirt pattern from a Master sheet, part of a book called Stretch by Tilly And The Buttons. Initially, I simply placed the pattern pieces onto the wearable garments. They didn’t fit ! I did wonder if there was enough fabric ? However, having deconstructed the skirt and the dress, I’ve now  easily fitted the pattern pieces onto my fabrics. The front and back bodice and the neckline will be made from one fabric, previously the dress. The sleeves will be made from the skirt fabric. 
You can see there is a small pile of waste (bottom left image) fabric but I’m happy with how much of the fabric has been used. There will be some fabric left after making my T Shirt and I’m thinking about using the leftover stuff for a few new mini Makes. I have a few ideas. I’ll share these ideas over the next week or so.

Today, I’ll cut out my T Shirt and possibly sew it up ? I’ll record progress as it happens.

Thanks for calling in today.



No comments:

Post a Comment