Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 19 February 2020

Sewing Project (part 3)

Hi Everyone 
It’s almost the final part of the latest sewing project, the Fielder Dress by Merchant&Mills. You can read back a few days worth of blogs to get more on this project.
 I completed the cuffs yesterday and overlocked the hem, ready for turning up. I’m not sure about the length ? I need to try on my dress with a few different combinations as well as testing out shoes. Hopefully, I’ll do that later today. Also, I did suggest needing to add a stitch line to the sides seams, yesterday. I didn’t do this but am still thinking it could be a good idea. I feel, there could be a slight possibility of the overlocked seam stretching and showing on the right side. I did have slight issues with my overlocker coping with the thickness of the fabric. I’ll decide when I try on my dress.

            

Generally, there were no issues with the cuffs. I used the usual method of adding stretch elastic to an opening. I stitched the elastic into a ring, the pattern told me what length I needed. I divided both the fabric of the cuff and the elastic ring into quarters and placed a pin on each quarter mark. As the two pieces come together they meet at the pins points. I started machining the elastic in place, stretching the elastic between pins as I stitched. This stops any puckering. All is well and I’m happy with the results.

I’ll get some images of me wearing my dress when I check for the hem length. I’m already thinking about new ways of using my Fielder pattern. I have some lovely stretch jersey which will make a great tunic length Fielder.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment