Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 2 March 2020

St Catherine Version 2

Hi Everyone 
I’ve finished knitting my second version of St Catherine, a lovely shrug style cardigan by Kate Davies. I had quite a struggle with sizing, earlier in the project. I needed to restart this project several times. I used two yarns held together for this one, a kid silk and a 4 ply Merino. I wanted a drapey style fabric for my cardigan, so experimented with different size needles. Eventually, I worked it out and used 5 mm needles.

I love the cardigan fabric, it’s very soft and squishy, the colours are lovely and I’m happy with the fit. Generally, this pattern is wonderful to knit, a very clever construction with lots of shaping, throughout. 

               
                   

I still need to sew in a few raw ends of yarn before I can wear my knit but other than that, I’m finished. The only change I made with this version, is to do with the ‘meeting part’ of the front. Although, the front looks similar in my photos, the latest version is much more cardigan-like in terms of the front edges meeting and the length. It’s not a huge change but looks different when a I wear the garment. I’ll get some images of both, side by side, to illustrate my point - sometime soon.

Now it’s time to decided on my next sweater, I have a few options ! I’ll let you know later in the week.

Thanks for calling in today.



No comments:

Post a Comment