Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 27 March 2020

Knitting Update

Hi Everyone 
I have good news and slightly bad news re my knitting. The Lovage Sweater knitting has been done - hurray ! Read back on the blog for more on this project. You can see the details here. However, the sleeves are too long !
The slightly bad news, I need to undo my knitting and sort out the length of the sleeves. 

         
I’m happy with the fit of the body and I will love the whole thing when I sort out the sleeves. I almost decided to cut and graft the sleeves half way down the arms to shorten the overall length but having slept on it. I’m decided to undo the sweater to the arms. I have the opportunity to try on the sweater, which gives me a great chance to give a really good fit length for my sleeves. I’m also very happy to re knit the top section and make a better job of the neckband. The neckband is Ok but I think I can do better.
So, ‘all in all’ - this is my usual way with sweater knitting. It’s never straight forward but it will be as good as I can make it, in the end. I’ll keep you informed of the process and highlight some of the improvements as I go.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a good weekend. Keep safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment