Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 12 March 2020

The Scrap Project (4)

Hi Everyone 
Today is the 4th and final item in my Scrap Project, it’s a pair of knickers. They shave turned out well and I have enough left to make a second pair !
Here’s a quick look at the steps I took to make my knickers :

  
  


I used the Binky  knickers pattern by Evie de la Luve. I’ve made several pairs of knickers using this pattern so I’m familiar with the process. You can see the steps in my photo story. I used both of the fabric designs and extras from my stash. Generally, it’s a quick make with very little to challenge a sewer. The only technique is getting an enclosed seam gusset. There are several YouTube videos created by Evie de la Luve detailing all aspects of making knickers (including the enclosed gusset), I would highly recommend her tutorials. She is very good at walking though all the steps. 
I used a thin white elastic around the top and legs and it’s all worked well. I’m planning to make my second pair with some stretch lace. This gives the knickers a completely different look and slightly more luxurious. I think, I’ll also narrow the height of the side seam. I’d like a narrower and possibly, slightly higher point for the waist. This is not a big issue but I’d like to experiment and I think, it’s a more flattering for my body shape.
Hopefully, I’ll have a bit of time later today, to get the second pair of knickers underway. I need to check on stretch lace colours in my stash, I’m sure I can find something suitable.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment