Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 23 March 2020

Sewing News

Hi Everyone 
I’m starting my week with a new sewing project. However, before launching into sewing news, I thought, I needed to mention something about the very difficult time we are all experiencing with COVID-19. Words can’t adequately describe the change in our world and I don’t feel qualified to talk about the medical details or the Global impact. I can only relate to my own personal experiences, at the moment. I’ve decided to try and give a practical sense (in my blog) of how I’m dealing with everything from my own perspective while carrying on with Making. Currently, I’m finding being creative and making things is giving me focus and helping to emotionally cope with the monumental changes which are necessary. So, I’m not ignoring COVID-19, I will include things which are relevant to my projects and my life.
So, about the new sewing project. This is the Factory Dress pattern from Merchant&Mills. I’ve had my eye on the pattern for a while and I have some lovely Fine Wool fabric which is perfect for the dress. This project has already given me a few hours of excitement. I’m thinking about how I will plan my Make, amongst the other things I need to do ?
Today, I’ll wash my fabric and print the pattern - the pattern is a PDF download. The aim is to set aside a few hours each day to work on the Factory Dress and focus my thoughts on the process. I’m certain this will help me direct my thoughts away from being anxious for a while. Here’s a quick look at the pattern and fabric :

                

I love the fabric. It’s a Fine Wool from Minerva Crafts, I bought the fabric a while ago and didn’t know what I would make with it. I feel the Factory Dress is perfect. I’m treating this project as a wearable toile. When I’ve sorted the fitting etc, I will think about a few more dresses, possibly with slight design changes. At the moment, I’m not sure what ?
This week, I’m hoping to breakdown the dress project tasks, each day I will have a defined set of things to do. I’ll be sharing how I get on and how it fits into life.

Thanks for calling in today. Keep safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment