Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 17 March 2020

The Scrap Project - continues

Hi Everyone
I’ve been working on The Scrap Project for over a week now and have produced a total of six items. Read back (each day) last week for more on the Project. The original idea came from reworking a couple of old pieces of clothing from my wardrobe, garments which didn’t fit and had not been worn for years. 
I made a lovely T Shirt top, check out the back story here and here. The final top still needs the hems to be finished. I had thought I may leave the sleeves and bottom hem with an overlocked edge. However, having worn my top, I would like a turned up/stitched finish. You can check out the (almost) finished top here.

Today, I have a new scrap item to add to my list,  its a small, neck cowl.

             

I decided, I’d like to make a cowl which would be a useful for lots of outfits. I have lots of striped clothes in my wardrobe so I’m sure my cowl will be a great addition. I’ve pieced several pieces of fabric together (using my overlocker) and made a simple turned tube - very similar to the technique used to make my scrunchie (the first scrap project).

I think, that’s it for this Scrap Project. I do have some tiny bits left but I’ve done what I intended. I’ve made something I didn’t wear into something, I will wear. I also created a few little things which will enhance my world and be useful, from the scraps. It’s a great feeling to repurpose and I’ll definitely be doing it again.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment