Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 26 March 2020

Sewing Project

Hi Everyone 
I have another new idea for a sewing project. This time it’s another Frankie T Shirt from Tilly And The Buttons. I made a version of this T shirt a few weeks ago and like it very much.

            

The first T Shirt (above bottom left) is a great fit, very simple to make and exactly what I need right now. I’m hoping, I can use my new T shirt ‘to be’ for layering on cooler days but as the weather warms up, as an everyday item. 
My new fabric (been in my stash for a while) needs to be washed, so that’s my job, for today. The first navy T shirt only took a couple of hours to make, it’s a quick job ! The only issue I had with the Frankie construction was the neckline. I did need to redo the size of the neckline, a few times, to accommodate the fit on my body. I don’t care for a tight neckline so will make adjustments as required for my new Frankie.

There will be fabric leftover from making my T shirt. I think, at the moment, I will make a vest or a shirt sleeves top ? I’ll work on that one today. I could simply shorten the sleeves of the Frankie pattern but I think, I’ll do a bit more research and report back.
I’ll share progress with this little project as I have something to share.

Thanks for calling in today. Keep safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment