Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 10 March 2020

The Scrap Project (2)

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing the second Scrap Project sample today. If you look back to the Friday blog post you can read the story behind this project. The second sample is a range of fabric covered buttons.

          

This little project is very simple and takes a very short time. It’s a particularly satisfying Make. 
I have used three different sized button blanks for the project. These blanks are plastic Button shaped forms with two parts. I had these blanks in my stash but they are readily available in lots of different sizes.
The process is simple and you can see the different tasks I’ve followed to make my buttons in my photo story. The first job is to cut out circle shaped pieces of fabric which are a little bigger (few millimetres) than the plastic form(1). Next, I used a needle and thread to make a small running stitch around the edge of the circle(3).I pulled the running stitch and popped the button form in the centre (4). When the button is enclosed in the fabric, the second button component is snapped over the shank to tighten and keep the fabric in place (6). 
I’m very happy with the way the buttons have turned out. I have 6 of the smaller buttons, 2 of the medium size and 1 large button ready for using. I don’t have a specific sewing project ready for using my buttons but I’m already thinking of a button up cardigan/jacket where these buttons would be perfect. The buttons are really easy to make and I love the finished items.
Look in tomorrow for the next scrap project sample.
Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment