Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 11 March 2020

The Scrap Project (3)

Hi Everyone 
It’s time to share my 3rd Scrap Project sample, today’s it’s the Lavender Bags.

           

There’s not too much to say about this very simple Make. I have simply cut out squares of the fabric scraps, using a little paper template (1). I overlocked the fabric pieces together on three sides (4). Initially, I turned over the 4th edge (the top of the bag) before sewing down the sides. However, I felt, this approach made a rather bulky edge to the top; the other two bags - I simply overlocked to the end of the fabric. My photo story (6&7) shows the different approaches. In the end, I’m not sure it made that much difference ? After overlocking the edges, I filled my bags with lavender, added a little folded tape (8) and hand sewed the top of the bag. That’s it !
I love my little bags. They have turned out better than I expected. My plan is to attach small cup hooks to the top of my wardrobe and hang my bags in there. I can also add the bags to individual hangers. They smell lovely.

Tomorrow, it’s my final Scrap Project sample, a pair of knickers. Call in the check out the Make.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment