Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 3 March 2020

Socks in progress

Hi Everyone 
I started a quick sock project about a month ago ! I’ve put some work into the job over the last few days but the project has been patiently waiting for a Sweater Make to finish. Now, I can spend some time on the socks, I’m doing well. One sock almost done and the second well underway.


             

These socks are made from West Yorkshire Spinners Signature Sock Yarn in the Juniper shade along with some hand spun stuff (leftover from a previous sweater knit) I’m using my own sock design for this project, just a very simple, plain sock with an afterthought heel. The key to my design is the chunky, turn over rib at the top. I wanted to make these socks to wear with lace up style shoes which will show the detail of the cuff. There was a little bit of trial and error re the needle size but eventually I went for 3mm needles (for the cuff). The rest of the sock is using 2mm. 
There’s not much more to say about this project, it’s almost there. The next time you see them, I’ll be wearing them. 
I’ll finish the socks before moving on to a new sweater knit. I also have some new sock yarn, ready and waiting for the next pair. I did think about another plain sock but may go for a lacey design ? Not sure ? I’ll give the plan some time to develop in my head. Check out this link to see the new sock yarn here.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment