Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 5 March 2020

New Knit

Hi Everyone
Earlier this week, I talked about the next knit project on my list, the Lovage Sweater by Flora Kennedy. Here it is :

            

I love this design. The project is kit from Uist WoolIt was a birthday gift from a couple of years ago and has been sitting, waiting in my stash. I was especially inspired to focus on the kit when Uist Wool came to my local wool shop (Fine Fettle Fibresfor a special tour event. I really enjoyed hearing about Uist Wool and felt I was depriving myself,  if I didn’t get my sweater underway. I love the design of the sweater, it’s simple and yet has a lovely shape which suits my body shape well, I hope.
The yarn is siaban dk in a mid light grey range of tones. Check out the details of the yarn from their website- link above. The kit is still available with lots of yarn options in their online shop.
I’ve produced a gauge sample and I’m happy with the fabric and the sizing. I didn’t want to start my Lovage until a current project pair of socks had been completed, these socks have been waiting and delayed previously, by other projects. However, I couldn’t resist starting, just a few rows ! In the end, I knitted around 6 or 7, only to find I’d twisted the cast on ! There are around 275 stitches for the bottom up sweater, knitted in the round. Disaster ! - what a waste of time.  I took this as a sign to get the socks finished first ! So, I’m ready to go again (all the rows have been ripped out) but not until the socks are ready to wear.

Thanks for calling in today.




No comments:

Post a Comment