Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 6 March 2020

Using Up Scraps

Hi Everyone 
Last week, I made a lovely T shirt from two reworked garments (from my wardrobe). Check out the post here. As a result of the Make, I have some leftover fabric pieces. I’d quite like to use up these bits of fabric. The fabric is blue striped jersey in a couple of different stripe combinations. I’ve done a little bit of research and have come up with a few different ideas of things to make. There are many more options but I have a genuine need for the items I’ve identified on my list.
Top of my list is a couple of hair scrunches. I have quite long hair and am always reaching for something to tie it up. A couple of navy/white striped scrunches will be just what I need.
My second idea is a range of fabric covered buttons. I have a number of different sized button blanks, ready for covering with fabric. I can see lots of uses for such buttons. I think, I can make quite a few buttons with very little fabric. I don’t have a specific project, in mind, for using my buttons but I’m already quite excited about thinking of ways of using my fabric covered buttons ‘to be’.
I also have a need for some new lavender bags for my wardrobe and clothing drawers. I like the idea of making some bags from the leftover striped fabric which I can attach to hangers or slip into drawers. I’m hoping to make around 6 or 7 bags.
The last idea is a couple of pairs of knickers, you can see the sample from my photo story below (bottom left image). I have lots of stretch lace in my stash and the amount of fabric needed is relatively small. I probably have enough fabric for a couple of pairs of knickers, which will be great.

                    

I’ll plan my Makes over the next few days and check how the fabric can be used most efficiently. I’ll probably make the larger items first, ie the knickers followed by the scrunches, then the lavender bags and finally the buttons. Hopefully, I will have most of the leftover fabric used up after this little initiative. If it works well, I’d like to think I can apply the idea for all my sewing projects. There’s always bits of fabric left after all my sewing projects.
I’ll collect some images of the different stages as I Make my samples and share here on the blog.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend and I’ll be back next week with more Making stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment